- There is no pre-registration allowed.
- Every racer must be registered and will receive a voucher.
- Racers must be between the age of 4 and 6 years old.
- Registration is accepted at the Rodeo Information Booth starting when the Rodeo seating gates open, 1 1/2 hour before each scheduled. performance. For example: if the rodeo starts at 7:00 pm, the gates to arena seating and vendor area opens at 5:30 pm.
- The optimum time to get a registered back number and stick horse voucher is when the gates open.
- There are a limited number of stick horse racer vouchers per rodeo performance.
- Once registered, kids get back numbers and then turn in the voucher to get a stick horse.
- The announcer will call "Stick Horse Racers go down to the ambulance area". (that's to the right of Section A)
- All racers must be ready to participate when the gate swings open.
- If your child feels shy and decides to not participate, that's OK!
- Parents are not allowed inside the arena.
- There are numerous supervising adults in the arena with the kids.
- When the race is over, the kids will exit the arena back to the ambulance area and be given a prize bag, as they turn in their horses
Can my child bring his/her own horse (ride)? Yes. But your child must still be registered and have a back number to participate.
Can I go inside the arena and take photos? No but we do take this on a case by case basis... Taking photos of this event is best done from outside the arena, from sections A thru D... there are several authorized photographers (wearing badges) at the rodeo and in the arena with the children, You can point your child out to a photographer and ask for some fun photos! My child has a disability and cannot run. Can I carry him/her in the event?
Yes... but your child must be registered and have a back number to participate.
Can my child dress up for the race?
Sure... it's casual but often kids come in their best cowboy/cowgirl duds!!Who do I contact if I have more questions about the kids stick horse race?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 561-4331.