Once you have been approved by the Association Secretary to be placed on the Bi-monthly agenda for a specific meeting date, you must bring the following items with you for your presentation:
* If you are representing a group or entity from a LSUSD school, you must have a letter from the Principal to present to the Secretary at the meeting stating his/her awareness of your request of the Committee.
* If you are presenting for the LSUSD Main Office, you must have a letter from the Superintendent stating his/her awareness of your request.
* If you are presenting for a Lakeside Youth sports group or Youth community group, your governing board or leadership must provide a letter stating they are aware of your request. In lieu of a letter, your governing representatives may attend the meeting and be part of your presentation.
Requesting Funds or services for Multiple Items or EventsEach of your items you are requesting must have been discussed with the scheduling secretary prior to your presentation date AND each item you are requesting must be presented as a separate request during your presentation. Do not add on additional items to your request unless you have discussed your need with Scheduling Secretary and the addition has been approved.
BidsFor EACH product or service you are requesting, when possible, you should have 2 to 3 detailed and printed bids for item(s)
In the event you do not have bids, or are required to only use specific District approved vendors, please explain in your presentation.
Bring Multiple Copies of Presentation Packet to Hand Out to Voting MembershipBring 35 copies of your total request packet which you will hand out to the committee at the beginning of your presentation. The presentation packet should include a cover letter stating your group's name, address, the products/items requested, goods and/or services requested and the total $ amount for all items and services that you are asking for. Attach all bids to the cover letter.
No BidsIn the event that you do not have bids, please detail your request in the body of your cover letter/handout and include the total $ amount your are requesting or what services you are asking for.
PresentersIt is always preferred that youth members of your organization present the request(s). Advisors, teachers, leaders are encouraged to be part of the presentation but the balance of the presentation should be given by youth requesting assistance. Youth presenters may incorporate music, dance, art, song, or other entertaining elements into their presentation if they would like.
You should have someone available to hand out your presentation packets as you begin your presentation or arrange upon arrival for a Member to assist you in handing out your packet (they are happy to assist you).
Presentation Time LimitPlease keep the presentation to 5 minutes, if possible.
Questions From MembershipVoting membership are given the opportunity to ask your group or representative questions about the request(s).
Some typical questions are:
1) What is your priority of items in your request (which are most important)?
2) What other fundraising activities has your group or requestor engaged in to earn funds toward your cause?
3) What other sources of support have you applied to (other civic groups, District, sponsors)?
4) How many Lakeside Youth (students, athletes, performers) will benefit from your request?
5) When do you need your request funded?
6) Will the item(s) stay at the school?
7) Will the item(s) be used by class year after year?
8) Can you ensure that the funds we are considering to donate will be used solely for the Youth of Lakeside?
9) Will your group be willing to volunteer at the Rodeo Grounds, most likely during Rodeo weekend in April? (note: we encourage youth to volunteer so that they are aware where the funds we donated are earned)
After PresentationYou are welcome to stay after your presentation to sit through our general business meeting for the balance of the evening. We vote on requests at the end of our meeting.
Notification of Request ResultsYou will be contacted by the Association Secretary within 24 hours following your request presentation to notify you of decisions, donations or additional information needed by the Voting Membership.
How Are Approved Funds Disbursed?Checks for approved financial request are processed by treasurer@Lakesiderodeo.com on the Wednesday following the meeting in which the funds were approved. The checks are then mailed to requestor, or requestor's organization. If funds are needed quickly, please advise the Association Secretary when he/she calls you with your award notification.
For additional questions or concerns you may have regarding your presentation, please email Association Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 561-4331.